By: Luke Jones, Published on February 28, 2018 06:21 PM, Last Update on February 28, 2018 03:23 PM
The Insurance Bureaus of Canada (IBC) has opened registrations for its 2018 Annual Financial Affairs Symposium. Scheduled for Tuesday, April 24, the event will take place over half a day from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm and be held at the Design Exchange on Bay Street, Toronto.
In a release, the IBC says the symposium will focus on the challenges facing the Canadian insurance industry and how experts plan to overcome hurdles. Specifically, how industry experts plan to address the adoption of the International Reporting Standard (IFRS) 17.
During the morning, several topics will be discussed, including technical perspectives of IFRS 17 and a keynote address.
• IFRS 17 transition and progress reporting
• IFRS 17 technical perspectives
• IFRS 17 practical considerations: CFO panel
• Tax update
• Capital and solvency update on property and casualty insurance
• Keynote luncheon address (TBA)