The Best Car Insurance Recommendation For High Risk Drivers?
Published: February 12, 2018
Updated: May 15, 2018
CATEGORY: High Risk Car Insurance
Insurance companies will offer you high risk car insurance if you are either a young or very old driver, you drive a car that attracts robber, had too many accidents or tickets, live in an area with high rate of crime, had no insurance for a period, or you have bad credit. The insurance rates for this kind of coverage usually compete with the car payment to get the most out of your pocket each month.
There are methods for reducing premium for high risk drivers and getting cheap auto insurance.
1. Search for discounts: High risk drivers who are young usually reduce their premium with a driver’s education discount and good student discount. Individuals with muscle cars or cars which are target for thieves, have to install an antitheft device or a car alarm. Some insurers offer senior discounts while other firms charge more for the elderly, look out for which insurer you have. Find out if the company offers a multi-car discount.
2. Try using a more low profile car that is not prone to theft.
3. Park your car in a garage. Cars parked by the road side attract greater risk for both theft and collision.
4. Work on your driving record. Examine for any unpaid tickets, take driving classes if they will reduce the points on your license. Find out from your agent if there are other ways to move you to a lower cost auto insurance.
5. Buy both your home owners and auto insurance from the same insurer to obtain a discount on your high risk auto insurance.
6. If you had your car paid off, you have the alternative of removing the coverage. Find out whether the cost of the car less your deductibles is near the amount you pay every year. You should also consider dropping it if 2 years of payment will be equal to the value of your car minus the deductibles.
7. Compare rates: Insurers usually determine their rates by the loss ratio which they experience in a given area, the type of car and the profile of the driver. Different insurers have different losses and different rates.
It is beneficial to shop around to seek for cheap insurance. Many times, it is easier to find quotes on the internet from websites that showcase the offers of different companies. Filling out the quote forms 2 or 3 times is far easier than making a phone call to every agent in your city.
If you want cheap auto insurance, do not bargain for inferior liability coverage. In many cases, high risk drivers try to reduce the price for their policy by carrying only the state minimums. Such coverage usually max out at between $40,000 and $50,000 bodily injuries per accident even if more than 3 or 4 persons are injured. This is not enough to pay for the medical expenses of a severe injury to one individual, let alone 3 or 4. The most savings for high risk auto insurance do not come from downgrading a policy, they usually come from comparing insurance rates.