Temporary Car Insurance – Is it Profitable for You?
Published: March 15, 2018
Updated: May 15, 2018
CATEGORY: Temporary Car Insurance
Temporary or short term insurance is a kind of insurance that is mainly required by individuals which last for a period of 1 – 28 days. There are many real situations that require this kind of insurance. You many need temporary car insurance if you want to lend your car to someone or rent a car. This will cover for all the liabilities that you may likely face if you are involved in an accident.
When looking for a short term insurance, you need to be certain about what you want. You can search for them on the internet and strive to get as many quotes as you can find, make comparisons and decide on what you need.
Temporary or Short term auto insurance is suitable for:
- Temporary extra drivers which include overseas visitors
- Temporary extra cars
- Lending your vehicle to a relative, friend or anyone.
- Use of courtesy cars or unaccompanied vehicle displays
- Instant drive away insurance if you have just bought a car.
With the sudden rise in prices of auto insurance and hardships and economic depression which people currently face, this has led to a rise in the demand for more options of insuring a car. For this reason many insurance firms are offering temporary or short term vehicle insurance which is a great alternative to the yearly premiums.
Merits of Temporary Auto Insurance:
Before you choose short term insurance, let’s look at some of the benefits you should be aware of to get a better understanding of temporary auto insurance.
- Short term insurance is most suitable when you rarely use your vehicle and there is no need to purchase traditional yearly insurance package. Temporary auto insurance will allow you pay for the period of time you will be using your car.
- Temporary auto insurance can either be canceled or renewed at any point in time. This option helps to update any alterations or change in your policy.
- The process of purchasing temporary auto insurance quite quick and easy. These insurances are mainly available with many of the insurance firms and you can purchase them either online or via the phone line.
Factors to consider before buying:
There are factors you need to consider before buying temporary auto insurance. One of the most important challenges that young drivers face is the problem of purchasing these insurance as they are really expensive. Again, one may face the challenge of getting insured if you have any driving offenses you have committed in the past or you have previously made any insurance claims. Hence, it is better to seek for many possible ways to get the most competitive price for the policy you want.