Insurance companies thrive on Great Place to Work Canada list
Published: September 24, 2018
Updated: October 2, 2018
Author: Luke Jones
This year’s list of Great Place to Work Canada has shown that financial services and insurance remain Canadians favourite workplaces. The results mirror other similar studies and the recent trends of the annual Great Place to Work Canada lists.
Great Place to Work named 25 financial services and insurance companies in its list, with 10 of those being insurance companies. Among the insurance companies, some of them are previous list inductees that are reappearing on the Great Place to Work Canada ranking.
Below are the insurance-related companies included in the list:
- Admiral Insurance – also made last year’s “Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance” list and has also been voted the Best Workplace for both the Women and Inclusion categories this year.
- CapriCMW – on top of making last year’s list, the company was also recognized as one of the best medium-sized organizations to work for in 2017.
- Gore Mutual – this is Gore Mutual’s second straight year to be recognized as a Best Workplace in the financial services and insurance category.
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services – made last year’s list and was also recognized in 2017 as one of the best workplaces for millennials.
- Northern Credit Union – also entered last year’s list and was named best workplace for part-time employees in 2017.
- RBC – considered one of 2017’s best workplaces in the Financial/Insurance, Large organizations/Multinationals, Part-Time Employees, and Women categories; RBC also managed to make it to this year’s Women category as well.
- Scotiabank – entered last year’s list for Great Places to Work in the Large/Multinationals category.
- TD Bank – in 2017, TD Bank was recognized as a best workplace in the Large/Multinationals, Financial/Insurance, and Part-time Employees categories.
- Volkswagen Credit Canada – VW maintains its “Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance” recognition from last year.
To become a member of the Great Place to Work, companies must have a minimum of 15 years and work within finance or insurance industries.