Insurance Institute of Canada names new board of governors
Published: October 27, 2017
Updated: July 24, 2018
Author: Luke Jones
CATEGORY: Industry News
The Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC) has confirmed the election of new members to sit on its board of governors.
Board members were chosen during the institute’s 64th annual general meeting, which was held in Ottawa, Ontario earlier this week. The new chair of board is Lynn Oldfield, MBA, FCIP, CRM.
Oldfield currently serves as president and CEO of American Insurance Group’s (AIG) Canadian business. She has been with the US-based giant for over two decades, joining as an underwriting manager in 1991. Since then, she has been in numerous positions within the company, including a term as president in 2008.
“I am proud to assume this leadership role at the Insurance Institute which has a long-standing history of helping Canadian P&C insurance professionals grow their knowledge and advance their careers,” said Oldfield. “In today’s fast-paced world, it’s more important than ever for insurance professionals to have the education and tools they need to excel and succeed.”
IIC’s current president and CEO, Peter Hohman, said the institute plays an important role in influencing education in the insurance industry:
“Our board is committed to leading the Institute as it provides proven knowledge solutions that drive powerful business results for the risk management and P&C insurance industry. We help prepare people to fulfill their professional and ethical responsibilities by offering customer-focused and innovative educational solutions in a wide variety of learning preferences and styles,” Hohman said.
The rest of the executive committee of the board of governors for 2017-18 are as follows:
- Deputy chair of the board: Wawanesa Mutual Insurance president and CEO S.J. (Jeff) Goy, ACAS, CIP
- Vice-chair, governor at-large: Crawford & Company president and CEO Patrick Van Bakel, BA, CIP
- Immediate past chair: Intact Insurance president François Blais, FCAS, FCIA
- Regional vice-chairs:
- Colin Warnecke, CIP – Western provinces
- Robert Fellows, MBA, FCIP, CRM – Ontario
- Simon Charbonneau, FPAA, CRM – Quebec
- Paul Croft, BSc, CCIB, CIP, CRM – Atlantic provinces
- Divisional vice-chairs:
- Anna McCrindell, BA (Hons), FCIP, CRM – Academic
- Mike Kosturik, BA, FCIP – Professionals